Saturday, February 22, 2014

Fasting Experience

Fasting experience:
Day 1: I didnt feel hungry during the day, but at bedtime my stomach was growling. I drank plenty of water which kept my stomach satisfied. I felt light, and my energy seemed to be normal.

Day 2: I woke up without hunger. I felt energetic for the first five hours of being awake. During the day my stomach growled a lot and I felt hungry. By early evening my hunger stopped. My back molars began to have a weird soft, chalky texture. My thoughts were consumed by food. I couldn't stop thinking of recipes and different food combinations. The majority of my conversations with Ryan were about food, and what I wanted to eat. My food cravings were healthy. I craved watermelon, bananas, peanut butter, almonds, avocados, and grapes. At bed time my stomach felt empty, but there was no growling.

Day 3: I woke up feeling hungry, I also had some mild lower stomach cramps, both went away after the first hour of being awake. My legs felt weak today. I felt light. I knew that any energy I exerted needed to be minimal. I got up a few times too quickly and felt a headrush. I was aware of this and walked slowly, and got up in increments; first knees, then standing. My taste buds seem different. The water I drink now tastes sweet. Not a yummy sweet, but a mild strange sweet taste, and my teeth still feel soft and chalky. I constantly feel like I want to brush my teeth. I am not thinking of food nearly as much as I did yesterday. In fact food has barely been on my mind. My body feels like it does after being sick, slow, weak, light, and low energy. I feel like I am recovering from an illness. My energy and vitality comes in waves. It is now 5pm and I feel great. I feel like I have a lot of energy and my limbs no longer feel weak, and my hunger is gone completely.

Day 4: I barely felt hungry all day. My will power seems stronger than its ever been. I felt as though someone could lay a feast out in front of me and I wouldnt be tempted to eat anything. My body has changed. Before fasting I had an excruciating pain in my right knee from doing an improper lung the week before, and today I woke up and the pain was completely gone. I bent down on the toilet, which would normally send a shooting pain in my knee, when I realized, that I did it with ease, the pain was completely gone. The whites of my eyes are brighter, and my skin complexion is clearer. My face is also peeling its dead skin. I feel like I am chameleon undergoing a strange but amazing transformation.

Day 5: Today I have felt pretty good. My energy is a little low. I feel thinner. I am not very hungry, but I am starting to miss food a lot and I'm thinking about it more than usual. Tomorrow I will end the fast and eat so I can build up energy to walk down the steep steps of the giant temple.

Post Fasting day 1:
This morning I started off with a small banana. I ate very slowly, making sure each bite was chewed as much as possible before swallowing. It was the most delicious thing I'd ever tasted. At lunch they served spinach and green beans as one of their sides. I took a scoop, and ate it with great pleasure.  Around 4pm I ate a few peanuts and three small apple slices. The smallest amount of food kept me feeling satisfied all day. I felt as thought I ate normal meals. My energy immediately went up, and I felt I had never fasted. I was really surprised by how quickly I felt normal again. If I would have known I would have fasted a few more days, but at the same time it was so enjoyable to have food.

No comments:

Post a Comment