Thursday, February 6, 2014

Day 34 Same Brainwave 2/3/14

Today at school we didnt do much. We learned about different teaching styles and methodologies of the classroom. Everything we went over was a review for me from previous teacher trainings I've had. The day seemed to go by slow. For lunch we went to the boomerang. I wasnt really hungry, which I shouldn't have been considering I consumed my calorie intake for the entire week the night before. After lunch we went back to school. Moz told us that we would be teaching the small kindergarten classes on Thursday. He told us that we should plan a lesson that correlated with the person who went in after us. We could choose any topic we'd like, as long as it included vocabulary On our walk home from school Ryan and I were brainstorming aloud our ideas, but we couldn't think of anything that sparked an interest. Then right as I was thinking of the parts of a tree, he said "it would be kind of cool to do different parts of a tree". I must have sent him my thoughts or we were operating on the same brain waves, because teaching the parts of a tree are not your typical kindergarten lessons. You would more likely choose: clothing, weather, safety, body parts, animals, etc. So we decided it was a sign since we were both thinking it. After going home and dropping off our things we went to the mall to check out the camping equipment for our trip to the islands. We looked at prices for cooking sets, sleeping bags, and other small things we needed. For dinner we ate at a nearby sandwich shop. It was the only sandwich shop we had come across so far in chiang mai, and it wasn't half bad. They had sandwich rolls, and most of the fixings you would find on a sandwich back home, except for the most important ingredient; avocado. By the time we got back to the apartment it was late, so we laid down and listened to a recorded lecture by Dan Millman, and fell asleep.

No comments:

Post a Comment