Sunday, January 12, 2014

Day 11 Hippie Den 1/11/14

This morning I woke up to find a bottle of hair conditioner in bed. I laughed remembering that in the middle of the night I grabbed a bottle of lotion to rub on my bug bitten legs to help me fall asleep, turns out I rubbed my legs and feet with hair conditioner, not lotion. Ryan woke up still feeling sick, so we stayed inside the first half of the day streaming the warriors game and be being lazy. It was such a gorgeous day out and we wanted to enjoy the weather so we decided to search the web to see if we could find any city parks. We found two; one was a two mile walk, and the other was a bit further, so we went with the closer one. The park was exactly what we needed. There was a large grass area, a small pond, a walking path, and very small basketball hoop. Around the walking path were vendors selling coconuts and snacks. There were also people renting out bamboo mats for the grass. The park even had wifi! I worked on my journal and Ryan read a book. We didnt spend much time at the park since we got there a few hours before sunset. On the walk back we scoped out a few places to eat dinner, then dropped off our things at the apartment and walked to Loco Elvis to eat. The loco elvis had a mix of american and Mexican food. I know what your thinking, Mexican again! But we couldn't resist. We ordered two beers and fajitas. The food was good, and they had fresh guacamole which made everything better. After dinner we walked across the street to the THC rooftop bar.We checked it out once before but never stayed for a drink. When we got there, there were only a few other tables occupied. We grabbed two large chang beers and sat near the street.  The place was really cool. All of the tables were low to the ground and had an array of  pillows for sitting. There was a dj playing hits from the 70's. The walls had neon painted murals of peace signs and trees. It was the epitome of a hippie den, with its psychedelic paintings, pillow seats, lanterns hanging from the ceiling, and the jimi hendrix in the back ground.There was only one thing missing; ganja. I find it pretty funny that marijuana is so illegal in Thailand; were talking death penalty for being caught with a pound. Yet many of the bars are rasta theme, or have names like "THC Bar". The bar was relaxing. We enjoyed our beers over a good conversation. When we finished we went back to our place and got ready for bed. Before turning off the lights I made sure I was grabbing a bottle of lotion not conditioner, in case I needed it in the middle of the night.

No comments:

Post a Comment